We will co-host our annual candidate forum with the CMSTA and CCPTA this Saturday, March 14, at 8:30 AM at the ARC! This will be our usual family friendly format and we are trying to make it even more family-friendly by scheduling on a Saturday morning. We hope to see you there! In addition to showcasing the candidates we will have message boards and opportunities for parent to parent conversation. Come and ask your questions! Not sure what to look for in a candidate? Here are characteristics that we look for:
1. Ability to work effectively with others. Ask – does this candidate have effective listening and speaking skills? Has this candidate demonstrated an ability to build consensus and achieve collaborative outcomes? Will this candidate listen to the concerns and thoughts of parents, students, and faculty with an open-mind?
2. Values diversity. Ask -does this candidate engage and show rapport with different segments of the public? Have they demonstrated an understanding of the need to involve the entire community in the decisions of how we educate our children?
3. Organization, Fiscal and Leadership Skills. Ask – what experience does this candidate bring to the table? Do they understand and respect the differences between policy- making and administration? Can they work with a budget?
4. Seeks Excellence in Education. Ask – is this candidate open to new ideas? Is the candidate committed to quality through innovation and professional development? Do they have high expectations for achievement for all students?
5. Community Builder and Leader. Ask – what other organizations, boards, or activities has this candidate been involved in? Will they be a positive role model for our youth?
6. Strong Advocate for Public Education!
Also please visit and “like” our new Facebook page.