At CPPS we have long used the motto, “Kids learn best when parents and teachers work together.” Our national Parents for Public Schools organization has designated this month, November, 2013, as “Parent Engagement Month”. You can help promote parent engagement at your school with the following resources:
- make a personal commitment to being an engaged parent and ask others to do so as well. You can download a commitment statement here!
- share the parent engagement activity calendar;
- facilitate a discussion about parent engagement;
- honor your parents by sharing a memory of how they helped support your education;
- join us at Columbia Parents for Public Schools!